To get rid of bad breath for better healthy lifestyle will be divided into 3 or 4 articles. Here the first.
Regular oral hygiene is very important for your dental health as well as your regular health. Using oral hygiene, you need to concentrate on 3 important places of your mouth: the teeth, gums as well as tongue. It’s important to brush as well as floss your teeth no less than two times a day.
• Make sure that you brush your teeth after you eat. If you work away from home, take a toothbrush with you so you can brush after you eat lunch.
• You need to use floss at least once a day, maybe more. Flossing helps to remove food particles that are stuck in your teeth. It also helps to remove plaque. It is very important to get rid of any plaque that is on your teeth because not only can it cause periodontal disease, it can also cause heart disease and other heart ailments.
• As weird as it may sound, brushing your teeth can remove dead cells from your tongue. It also works to remove any leftover food particles and bacteria. To do this, use a toothbrush with a soft bristle or a tongue scraper.
Go as far back into the mouth as you can. Try it without gagging. You will find that most of the bacteria are settled toward the back.
• If you wear dentures, make sure you clean them thoroughly. They should be cleaned at least once a day.
• When you brush your teeth, use a brush with small bristles. Change out your toothbrush at least every four months.
• See your dentist on a regular basis. You should have your teeth or dentures cleaned and checked twice a year, if not more.
• If you have cavities, make an appointment with your dentist to have them filled. Cavities are also an opening to allow bacteria in, which in turn can cause bad breath.
• After you’ve eaten breakfast, use a water pik to clean your mouth as well as get rid of any food particles left behind.
• Swish water in your mouth after you eat a meal. You will be able to get rid of some of the food particles that were stuck in your teeth. Using a solution mixed with water, you can also treat periodontal disease.
• You can also choose to use natural oral hygiene remedies to get rid of bad breath. Using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can do wonders. If you really want to sanitize your mouth, use a natural remedy by adding some antiseptic tree oil or eucalyptus oil.
You only want to add a little oil on your toothbrush. You can also go to the health food store to get natural toothpaste remedies.
• To sanitize your toothbrush, place it in a container of hydrogen peroxide to keep your toothbrush bacteria-free. When you get ready to brush your teeth, rinse the toothbrush very well.
• Work to keep your mouth free of food particles, especially those that get stuck in your teeth and pocket areas. Try not to make it a habit to eat spicy foods that have onions and garlic in them.
• Put a small portion of fresh parsley or a small mint (sugarless) in your mouth. You may notice an improvement in your breath.
• Drink lots of water to keep the inside of your mouth moist. You can also produce saliva by chewing sugarless gum or candy. If your mouth is always dry, you can get a prescription of artificial saliva preparation or an oral prescription that produces saliva in your mouth.
• People use tongue scrapers to get rid of bad breath. They can be purchased at pharmacies and they come in different shapes and sizes. The scraper is placed at the back of the tongue. The tongue and the scraper are bought forward. This can be repeated as many times as needed.
Some people say that this method helps a little to eliminate bad breath. There are others who prefer using a toothbrush to remove the bacteria from the tongue. It’s ok to use a tongue scraper, but it’s even better to implement dental hygiene on a regular basis. Make sure along with brushing your teeth that you also brush your tongue after you eat.
• Keeping saliva in your mouth keeps bacteria away by drinking lots of water. Try not to get the mouthwash at the drugstore. That mouthwash is usually concentrated with alcohol. Alcohol dries your mouth and can produce bacteria.
Also, mouthwash that contains more than 25% of alcohol is believed to contribute to oral cancer. Look for a mouthwash that has a mixture of at least half hydrogen peroxide and half water. Take a little bit and swish it in your mouth for about 30 seconds.
Since bacteria are what cause the bad breath to form, you have to counteract it with things that don’t promote it. Many people don’t know this, but the bacteria lives underneath your tongue.
You can also find bacteria on your tonsils and your throat. This means that you cannot easily get rid of it. So, in order to combat that, people use mouthwash that contains alcohol. In turn, you end up getting dry mouth and more bacteria to form.
• If you are a smoker, learn to kick the habit. Tobacco related products are not good for you health wise, even with the bad breath.
• Avoid consuming liquids that have a bad smell. The smell can linger in your mouth. Stick with water and go easy on juice and liquor.
• If you don’t gargle, now is a good time to start. There may be some difficult places
where bacteria can creep in while you’re sleeping. Do it for at least 30 seconds each morning and get as close to the bottom of your throat as you can. Make sure to rinse after you’ve finished getting all of the bacteria and other elements out.
• Because salt is needed to get rid of bacteria, combining it together with water might help to get rid of bad breath as well as halitosis to enhance healthy lifestyle.